“Access is really different than any other youth camp I’d been to.
The staff taught me because they knew I could make a difference.
They didn’t treat me like a child who didn’t know anything.
They let me express what God was showing me and reach out to others.”
~ Shelby, age 14
Access is your summer adventure with God! It’s not a “typical” youth outreach. You won’t just build houses and visit far off places. You will change the world!
Access is a hybrid leadership camp and missions trip led by a team of experienced missionaries who believe teens can change nations. David was only 17 when he killed Goliath. Samuel was only 8 when he heard God’s voice and started leading a nation. And Esther was only 15 when she saved her people from genocide.
Each of these teens understood the secret to changing the world. They were God’s friends who learned how to hear God’s voice and radically obey Him no matter how crazy it seems. They were committed to doing the right thing even if they did it alone. And they were more concerned with what God thought of them than of the opinion of their peers. Because of their radical commitment to God, He worked His miracles through them.
Access believes that the same God of David, Samuel and Esther is waiting to unleash His miracles in your generation. We won’t let you settle for mediocrity. We will push you to total surrender. You will grow in your character and leadership. You will learn how to hear God’s voice. And on your missions trip you will radically obey the things He tells you and discover that He wants to do amazing things through you!
On your mission trip, you will also see and experience things that you never imagined. You will see people living on the streets… children with no parents… And your heart will break with the things that break God’s.
Your experiences in Access will prepare you to make a difference back home with your friends, your family, your school, and your world! As others observe your life, they will desire your personal walk with the Lord, your love for the lost, your aggressive faith, your trust & obedience, your self-discipline, your teachable spirit, and your willingness to serve.
ACCESS 2013 MISSION TRIPS
- July 16-August 3: Peru Mission Trip ($695 + airfare) – We’ll work with slum communities and women and children from broken families. We’ll also do evangelism and mercy ministry in small mountain villages.
ACCESS PART ONE: MISSIONARY TRAINING
Welcome to “bootcamp” at our training center just north of Madison. Bootcamp will push you to become all that you can be. You won’t go on outreach unprepared. Our experienced missionaries will work with you and your team to equip you with tools to express the Gospel across cultures.
- Practical teaching about who God is, His purpose for your life, and how to share His love with people from other cultures.
- Outreach prep – prepare performing arts pieces, African dance, puppets, face painting, and other practical tools that you can use to share the Gospel on your mission trip
- One-on-one & small group – Process what you are learning with a small group of fellow Access participants who will encourage and strengthen you to know God more. You will also be paired up with one of our staff who will hang out with you and listen to what God is doing in your life and pray with you.
- Worship and Intercession
- Games, Team Building & Fun – Past Rescue Ops games have included Fear Factor, Amazing Race, Jello Crush, Army Crawls through the Garland Marsh, Crab soccer, Guts of Steel and more…
ACCESS PART TWO: MISSION TRIP
On your mission trip, you will apply what you learned in bootcamp. Each day, your team will meet for worship and prayer. Out of these times, God will speak to you! No really!!! He actually will! And the things He speaks to you, we will do! You will learn to hear God’s voice and learn first hand the difference you can make in the world. You will discover that teenagers fully submitted to God really can change the world.
Past outreach activities have included:
- Community projects
- Neighborhood clean-ups & building projects
- Drama, African dance, and other performing arts
- Sports camps for kids
- Taking care of orphans
- Street ministry & evangelism including praying with people, face painting, and balloon animals….
To get an inside glimpse, read the story of how ACCESS 2009 transformed a notorious Hatian village. Click here.
HOW TO SIGN UP
By the time you return home, you’ll have new friends from across the country, confidence in who you are, and a closer relationship with God. And you did something that made a difference in another person’s life.
Sound good? Thought so. Give us a call or send an email if you’ve got more questions. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or download your application today.
Registration: Apply online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office for an application: 608-255-0500 (toll free: 888-iGO-YWAM).
You can pay your registration fee through PayPal (below) or by sending a check to YWAM, P.O. Box 8503, Madison, WI 53708.